- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 pound lean beef, ground
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar, mozarella, goat cheese, Swiss cheese or whatever else you prefer)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup baked beans
- 1/2 cup celery root, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 red hot chili pepper, finely chopped (if it’s really hot, you can discard the seeds, then chop it)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Saute the onion over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes. Add the ground beef. Cook it stirring often, until it changes color from pink to light brown. This should take about 5-6 minutes. If the pan becomes too watery, drain it a little. Add the celery root, carrot, baked beans, parsley and red chili pepper. Salt and pepper according to your taste, then cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring well in order to mix the vegetables with the meat.
When you’re almost ready, oil a baking tray and put the tortillas on it. Spread the meat and vegetables mixture over half of each tortilla. Add a layer of shredded cheese, then fold the tortillas. Bake them at 400F for 5 minutes, then flip them over and bake them for 5 more minutes. Slice them into wedges and serve them with salsa or sour cream on top.