This is a quesadilla recipe perfect for a light lunch. You can use fresh shrimps, if you can find them. If not, frozen shrimps are still fine.
- 2 large tortillas
- 1cup frozen cooked shrimps, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red hot chili flakes (if you like very spicy food, you can use as much chili as you wish)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- Juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a stick-free pan. Add the green onion, garlic, chili flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, stirring a few times. Add the shrimps, lime juice and parsley. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Heat the tortillas in a pan for about 30 seconds on each side. After you finish heating the second tortilla, leave it in the pan and add shredded cheese on top of it. Then add the shrimp mix on top of the cheese and cover with the other tortilla. When the cheese starts melting, flip the quesadilla over. You can do that with the help of a plate or of a second pan, or you can just use two spatulas, if you’re handy enough.
Cut the quesadilla in 6-8 wedges and serve it hot.