If you want a quiche recipe which is quick and tasty, suitable for breakfast as well as for dinner, then this one is a winner for you.
- 1 pie shell, pre-baked
- 4 fresh, free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup shrimps, cooked, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or less, if you prefer)
- freshly ground black pepper
- herbs & spices according to taste
Mix together the broccoli, shrimps, green onions and garlic cloves. Evenly spread them over the pie shell. In a bowl, beat the eggs, then gradually add the cream, salt and pepper, any other herbs and spices you like, stirring well until the custard becomes homogeneous.
Pour it over the quiche filling, making sure to have all filling ingredients evenly covered.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake the quiche for about 40 minutes. After 30 – 35 minutes, you can try it with a toothpick: insert it in the center and if it comes out clean, remove quiche from heat. If not, keep it in the oven for 10 minutes more, then try it again. Serve hot, but let is cool for about 10 minutes before cutting it.