- 1 lb macaroni (penne, shells, fusilli, elbow macaroni or any other type of pasta you like)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- salt, pepper
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water with a teaspoon of salt, respecting the cooking time indicated on the pasta pack.
In a pan, heat one tablespoon of butter, add the shallots and saute them until they turn light brown. In another pan, melt the remaining butter and add the flour. Cook it on low to medium heat, stirring continuously. Start adding the milk gradually, stirring well, until the composition becomes smooth.
When the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat and keep on cooking for about two more minutes. Remove it from the heat, add the cheese and stir until it melts.
Drain the pasta, put it in a pot, then pour the melted cheese over it and stir until it gets evenly coated. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and with parsley and serve hot.